- What is TENS ?
TENS: “Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation”- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and professional Doctors for over decades. By delivering stable pulses to the skin to stimulate nerve fibers, Tens unit could effectively block the pain signal to people’s brain. At the same times, increases natural endorphins, which is a natural pain reliever. In many cases, the reduction or elimination of pain lasts longer than the period of stimulation.
What is EMS ?
EMS: “Electrical Muscle Stimulation” is an internationally accepted and proven way of treating muscular injuries. It works by sending electronic pulses to the muscle needing treatment; this causes the muscle to exercise passively. When the muscle receives this signal it contracts as if the brain has sent the signal itself. As the signal strength increases, the muscle flexes as in physical exercise. Then when the pulse ceases, the muscle relaxes and the cycle starts over again, (Stimulation, Contraction and Relaxation.)
- Channel: Four, isolated between channels
- Pulse Amplitude: Adjustable, 0-100 mA peak into 500 ohm load each channel.
- Wave Form: Asymmetrical Bi-Phasic Square Pulse
- Voltage: 0 to 50V (Load: 500 ohm)
- Power source: Four 1.5V AA batteries or 110v power adaptor
- Size: 13.8cm(L) x 7.8cm(W) x 2.8cm(H)
- Weight: 425 grams with battery
- Pulse Rate: Adjustable, from 2 to 150 Hz, 1 Hz/step
- Pulse Width: Adjustable, from 50 to 300 microseconds, 10 µs/step
- Ramp Time: Adjustable, 1~8 seconds, 1 Sec./ step, The “On” time will increase and decrease in the setting value.
- Modes: Five TENS Modes: B(Burst), N(Normal), M(Modulation), SD1, SD2 (Strength Duration), Three EMS Modes: C(Constant), S(Synchronous), A(Alternate)
- Timer: Two Adjustable timers, from 1 to 60 minutes or Continuous. Adjustable in 1 minute each step from 1 to 15 minutes, and 5 minutes each step from 15 to 60 minutes. Treatment time countdown automatically.
- Patient Compliance Meter: This unit can store 60 sets of operation records. Total recorded time is 999 hours.
- Low Battery Indicator: A low battery indicator will show up when the battery is low.
- Operating Condition: Temperature:0°~40°, Relative Humidity: 30%~75%, Atmosphere Pressure : 700Hpa~1060Hpa
- Remark: There may be up to a +/-5% tolerance of all parameters and +/-20% tolerance of amplitude & voltage.
- Warranty: One year
- Precise Intensity Control
- There are 100 steps of intensity level controlled by press buttons from 1 to 100mA.
- Press Button Control
- The power, intensity level and parameter are controlled by press buttons, which is easy for the users to adjust the settings. All of the buttons are protected by a swing door to avoid accidental touch.
- Large Liquid Crystal Display
- A large LCD in 6.1 x 4.4 cm showing the intensity level, settings and treatment timer. The selected modes and parameters are readable.
- Two Treatment Timers
- There are two individual timers controlling the output of CH1, CH2 & CH3, CH4. This function is ideal when two patients accept treatment with the same machine.
- Treatment Time Countdown
- The output will shut off automatically when time is up.
- Compliance Meter: The unit can store 60 sets of record of operation
- Made in Taiwan
- Official Distributor in Canada
- Health Canada Licence Device