ove your stethoscope
The compact and sensitive Littmann Classic III stethoscope is the perfect instrument for clinicians who monitor and assess children or adults in non-critical environments. Manufactured with strong yet lightweight materials for hours of comfortable use.
The 3M™ Littmann® Classic III™ Stethoscope is the latest version of the stethoscope that helps millions of medical professionals achieve their best. The Classic III stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance, plus a versatile two-sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms. The Classic III stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment, patient monitoring, and diagnosis.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill diaphragm provides patient comfort.
Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Classic III stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large and small soft-sealing eartips, non-chill bell sleeve, and instructions.
Suggested Applications: General Physical Assessment and Diagnosis
- NEW double-sided, dual diaphragm chestpiece for both adult and pediatric assessment.
- NEW: The pediatric side is also easily transformed into a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with the supplied non-chill rim.
- NEW chestpiece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape.
- NEW single-piece diaphragm instead of separate diaphragm/rim making it easier to attach and easier to clean due to the smooth unbroken surface.
- NEW: The stem features an open side indicator to easily identify which diaphragm is in operation.
- NEW next-generation tubing gives even longer tube life with improved resistance to skin oils, alcohol and staining.
- 3M’s ‘Tunable Technology’ lets you easily switch from low to high frequency sounds by switching from light to firm pressure on both the adult and pediatric sides of the chestpiece.
- High acoustic sensitivity when performing general physical assessment.
- Laser engraving of text and symbols to personalise your scope and avoid theft/loss.
- Larger ear tubes on the anatomically designed headset comfortably positioned for better sound transfer. Easy adjustment by simply squeezing or pulling apart the eartubes.
- Comfortable Snap-Tight soft seal eartips create an excellent acoustic seal to reduce ambient noise.
- No natural rubber latex or phthalate plasticisers are used in the tubing or any other component—to help protect health and the environment.
- Complement your personal style with Littmann’s large range of chestpiece finishes and tubing colors.
- Used as a diagnostic aid as part of the physical assessment of a patient.
- 5 year warranty includes free repair on any manufacturing or material defects.
- Littmann performance rating of 7 out of 10.
- Tubing: Black (69cm/27.2″). Finish: Stainless Steel